Friday, June 15, 2012

Spotlight Saturday, Flash Freebie, & College Visits

Welcome back, friends!  Am I seriously old enough to be visiting colleges with my son?   (Insert BIG, heavy sigh here) YIKES and YES !!  I walked around on campus thinking, "It seems like I was just here myself, so how I can I be here with my 17 year old?  It may take me days weeks to get over it.  I did however, come home quite excited upon checking my blog and seeing that I had made it to 200+ followers!  YAAAAY! I'm feeling better already!   I just recently did the big giveaway, so didn't want to bore you with that again so quickly. (I'll do another big giveaway @ 300!)  But, I want to do something special for all my faithful followers!  SO...here's my game plan.  I'm having a FLASH FREEBIE for my blog followers until Sunday night!  I'm not announcing anywhere else!  It's my very new Road Runner game on Place Value!  Go get it if you teach place value!  I'll leave it free for you in my TpT store until midnight Sunday night.  I will also have a FLASH SALE and put everything in my store at 20% off for the same length of time! (I've got to pay for college somehow!)  Soooo... if there's something else you want, get it cheaper this weekend!  It's also SPOTLIGHT SATURDAY and you know what that means!  Stick around for some fabulous freebies from some fantastic teachers!  


1.)  Okay, so with kids you can never go wrong with games, fun, AND food, right?  Well, Nicole over @ Teaching With Blonde Ambition has the perfect ingredients for all the above, with her BUILD A HAMBURGER game.  What makes it even more perfect is that it can be used with ANY grade level and with ANY subject!  You create the flashcards on any subject you want and as students get answers correct, they build a burger (complete with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, the works!) Throw in a paper plate and you've got an adorable activity for pairs or small groups!  Build a Hamburger is a WIN/WIN for teachers AND students!  Click image to download.


2.)  If you're anything like me, there are certain documents that you simply make multiple copies of and have somewhere that's easily accessible.  This is one I'm adding to that pile.  It's a simple, but cute layout of a vocabulary/word work template.  You could use with any subject! Anybody familiar with Robert Marzanno and his instructional strategies?  This one sheet hits a few of his suggestions for successful learning.  (similarities, non-linguistic, and organizers)  Grab it from my bloggy friend, Darleen @ Third Grade Love.
Click image to download.  Repeat phrase here: Don't forget to leave these teachers some positive feedback for sharing their freebies with you!  It takes time, energy, and even money to create, so let them know how much you appreciate the free stuff!  :-)








Bananas for all 200 + of ya' !!!
Not so bananas for college tuition costs!